Clinical Guidelines and Resources (CGR)
- Prescribing Information for dapaglifozin for treating chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Prescribing Information for sacubitril valsartan for treating symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Medicines Safety Alert Process V2
- Prescribing Information for Patiromer for Treatment of Chronic Hyperkalaemia in Adults
- Lipid Management for Primary and Secondary Prevention of CVD
- Prescribing Information for sodium zirconium cyclosilicate (Lokelma) for treating hyperkalaemia in adults
- STW ICS Treatment of overactive bladder symptoms and urgency urinary incontinence in women in Primary Care
Palliative Care Just in Case (JIC) Service Guidance
End of Life Drug Administration Forms
- 20230829 JIC GP Information letter V2
- 20230829 Morphine Syringe Pump
- 20230829 Morphine PRN
- 20230829 Oxycodone Syringe Pump
- 20230829 Oxycodone PRN
- 20230829 Syringe Pump Blank form
- 20230829 PRN Blank form
Symptom Control Sheets for End of Life
Just In Case (JIC) Medication Pack
Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) was introduced in July 2009 as a non-compulsory method of dispensing prescriptions electronically.
From April 2019, as stated in the GP contract, eRD became a contractual obligation for all patients where it is clinically appropriate and the patient consents.
- eRD means patients who regularly get the same medication and don’t need to contact their GP practice every time they need a repeat prescription. This provides greater efficiency for practices and patients whilst enabling the pharmacy to manage the patient’s clinical care.
- Once a patient has been identified as suitable for eRD, the prescriber will review and synchronise all of their current medication. The prescriber will create a batch of prescriptions for a set length of time which is then digitally signed using their smartcard pin.
- All issues within the batch are sent immediately to the Spine. All prescriptions are linked by the same barcode, but they are all separate issues. The duration between each issue is set in the clinical system and is dispensed at those intervals by the nominated pharmacy.
- Good communication between all parties is essential.
Please see below for a number of resources, which will enable practices to take advantage of the benefits eRD may offer.
- NHS England
- Wessex Handbook (this is where you will find a video on how to set eRD up on EMIS)
- NHSBSA links
- The Centre for Postgraduate Pharmacy Education (CPPE) also produces an Open Learning Pack on Repeat Dispensing
Oral Nutrition Supplements (ONS)
- 20221021 Influenza Outbreak Care Homes NHS STW
- 7 Day Prescribing Statement
- Care staff authorised to apply first dressings-homely dressings
- Homely dressings audit template
- Alteration of a Medicine Formulation in a Care Setting
- Person Centered Medication Profile – Completion Notes
- Reducing Waste Medicines Good Practice Guidance V9
- Guidance Non-prescribed Medicines in Community Settings V3
- 20221222 Think Food Approach in Care Homes A practical guide for the treatment of malnutrition V3
- Aspirin use for Heart Emergencies in Care Settings V2.0
- Medication Incident Reporting Guidance version 3 May 2023
- Reporting incidents using Insight (for care setting staff) - STW (Apr 2023)
- Think Food recipe booklet Sept 2023