Working together, the NHS and Sustainability and Transformation Partnership for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin are committed to improving cancer care services for the local population.
The Integrated Cancer Strategy 2022/2027 sets out actions to develop and deliver world-class outcomes in cancer care and treatment for the local population.
We are determined to help prevent cancer by supporting people to live happy and healthy lives, detect cancers more quickly, have access to better treatments, and to live with and beyond Cancer.
How will we do this?
- Promote, encourage, and empower people to adopt healthier lifestyles to reduce the risk of cancer and improve long term outcomes for those diagnosed with cancer
- Increase earlier diagnosis through increased uptake of screening programmes
- In collaboration with national campaigns, empower patients to present early with cancer signs and symptoms to promote diagnosis at an earlier stage
- Ensure prompt access to diagnostic tests and accelerated pathways
- Provide safe, effective, up-to-date treatments
- Provide individualised care and support to cancer patients at all parts of the pathway
Primary Care are supporting all the above as the first point of contact for most patients and continue to improve early diagnosis processes.