Musculoskeletal (MSK) transformation
Musculoskeletal (MSK) services look at conditions that affect the joints, bones, and muscles, and also include rarer autoimmune diseases and back pain.
The MSK transformation programme is already underway, and is now looking at building on the progress already made since the start of this five year programme.
It aims to improve the MSK health of our local population whilst ensuring that, when MSK care is needed, patients are cared for at the right time, in the right place, by the right person.
What is included in the MSK transformation programme?
- Referral and triage services (SOOS/TEMs)
- Therapy services
- Orthotic services
- Pain Management services
- Rheumatology services
- MSK Outpatients services
- Surgical services
- Responding to the backlog of patient care caused by Covid-19
- Workforce planning
What do we want to achieve with this work?
- Deliver good outcomes and patient experience
- Achieve outstanding patient safety
- Provide timely access to patient care
- Spend our money wisely
- Patients cared for by the right person, in the right place, at the right time
- Improve our population’s MSK health
- A clinically led , locally owned, review and redesign of MSK pathways, informed by the views and experiences our people and communities and national recommendations and best practice
For more information about the programme, please visit our Get Involved pages