Mental Health Services
We aim to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities by working effectively with partners to help people live well. Our strategy is to deliver whole person, place-based care using a population-based approach to mental disorder prevention and mental wellbeing promotion.
NHS mental health services in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin are provided by Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. There is a lot of useful information on their website.
To learn more about different mental health issues and how they can affect you, visit ‘Every Mind Matters’.
Adult Mental Health Services
If you need urgent support for your mental health, please call our mental health 24/7 helpline on 0808 196 4501 and our dedicated local staff will support you to access the help you need.
Adult Mental Health services include:
- In-patients (adult acute, older adult, dementia)
- IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapy) - Telford and Shropshire
- Dementia Memory Service
- Community Mental Health Pathway Teams
- Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment
- Adult Liaison Psychiatry
- Maternal and family mental health services
To access services
An Access Team provides a single point of contact for all the Trust's adult mental health services, including people with dementia. The team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Access Team
Telephone: 0808 196 4501
Children’s Mental Health Services
Children’s mental health services are provided by Bee U.
Bee U is the emotional health and wellbeing service for people, up to the age of 25, living in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
Bee U Access Team 0300 124 0093.
Student mental wellbeing tool kits
Schools University and further education
Teachers and education professionals Parents and carers
Depression, Anxiety or Low Mood
- The Telford Primary Care Wellbeing Service offer free information, guidance and talking therapies. Phone the service on 01952 457415 (between 9.30am and 4.30pm)
- SilverCloud offers secure, immediate access to online supported CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) programmes, tailored to your specific needs
- Kooth offers free, safe and anonymous online support for children and young people
- Family Connect and Family Information Service offer information about childcare settings, local family support organisations and leisure facilities in and around Telford and Shropshire
- BeeU is Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin’s Children and Families Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service
- You can call the Samaritans in confidence and talk about whatever you want, for free, any time, from any phone on 116 123
- Shropshire Psychological Therapies offers a range of support such as guided self-help, CBT and counselling. Phone the service on 0300 123 6020
Telford After Care Team and Shropshire Recovery Partnership (SRP) help people in their ongoing recovery from using drugs or alcohol.
Telford STaRS providing free, confidential and easy to access service for anyone needing support with their alcohol or drug use living in Telford and Wrekin.
Recharge Telford, will support you if you are aged 12-21 and have issues with drugs, alcohol or any addiction, or if you live with a family member who struggles with addiction.
If you are concerned that you or a family member is having problems with dementia please see your GP.
To learn more about dementia support visit Age UK for details of support groups in your area or the Alzheimer’s Society for information about dementia companions.
Suicide and suicidal thoughts
The loss of a loved one through sudden unexplained death and suicide is a uniquely devastating circumstance. It can create a particularly complex set of feelings in those left behind and leave us with unanswered questions which are hard to resolve. Specialist support is available to people who have been bereaved and need support and guidance during this period of time. Click here to learn more.