Maintaining and improving wellbeing
Stay Alive App
A pocket suicide prevention resource packed full of useful information to help you stay safe.
You can use it if you are having thoughts of suicide or if you are concerned about someone else who may be considering suicide.
NHS Every Mind Matters
Additional services in Shropshire
A free, secure and anonymous online mental wellbeing site with an active forum, round-the-clock support from trained professionals and a wide range of useful materials to help manage or improve your mental health
You can talk anonymously and confidentially to other members to share stories and learn from others as to what they have found helpful in supporting their wellbeing.
- Provides a safe, confidential outlet for people to share their concerns and stories
- Can help improve self-management of common mental health issues such as depression, anxiety or coping mechanisms for work or life stressors before they become more complex
- Can be accessed at anytime of day, any day of the week
TogetherAll is for
- Anyone aged 16+ that lives in a postcode served by Shropshire Council
- People who may be feeling low, stressed, anxious or who wants to improve their mental wellness
This drop-in service is specifically designed for people who are struggling with their mental health, who need a safe place to talk, receive support and be amongst others.
Shrewsbury - Calmer Café No. 1
- Shropshire MHS, Suits 3&4 Observer House , Hollywell street , Abbey Foregate, SY2 6LB.
- 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Oswestry - Calmer Café No. 2
- 12A Salop Road, Oswestry SY11 2NU
- 4pm - 8pm
This service is ran by Shropshire Mental Health Support.
Additional services in Telford and Wrekin
These drop-in Cafes are delivered by Telford Mind and Telford and Wrekin Council. We provide support and safety to anyone in need, by offering coping mechanisms and management techniques to help reduce the risk of crisis. As well as offering support, professionals can also refer and direct you to further services if required. Calm Cafes are available for anyone 18 years or over who are finding themselves in a crisis or need support with their mental health.
Telephone: 07434 869248
If you are in emotional distress, struggling to cope or need somebody to talk to there is always a trained member of staff on duty during our opening hours to offer one to one listening support.
This service operates via telephone Monday to Friday, 10am – 5pm
Listening and supporting people when they have mental health issues. Branches will help in a crisis but will also support recovery by helping people to develop skills for work and life.
Providing Peer Support for those experiencing mental health issues. Offer a range of services to promote better mental health.
We are open for support from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Please call us on: 01952 899205