Minor Injury Units (MIUs)
The Minor Injury Units (MIUs) are staffed by experienced nurses.
When you attend one of the units, you will be assessed and treated as quickly as possible. If your condition cannot be dealt with at the Minor Injuries Unit, then you will be referred to your GP, nearest A&E or to another appropriate service.
The Minor Injuries Units offer treatment to anyone with a minor injury.
- Bites, human and animal
- Cuts and lacerations
- Foreign bodies in the eyes, nose and ears
- X-Ray & Fractures that require plaster only (Ages 5 years and above)
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness)
- Soft tissue injuries, for example sprains and bruises
- Wound infections
Where are the MIUs?
- At Bridgnorth Community Hospital
- At Ludlow Community Hospital
- At Oswestry Health Centre
- At Whitchurch Community Hospital