The Keyworker Service for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin is delivered by Barnardo’s and is for children and young people with high support needs.
Keyworkers will work with children and young people who:
• are autistic and/or have a learning disability and
• at a high risk of going into a residential placement or into hospital due to mental health conditions or distressed behaviours
• or are already in hospital/residential placement.
Keyworkers will support children and their families to ensure the right support is in place and to enable the child/young person to stay at home if possible. They will:
• work closely with children, young people and their families
• take the time to get to know them and understand both the child’s and family’s needs
• advocate and ensure their voices are heard, understood and respected
• ensure the child and their family have the right support from services at the right time.
To receive support from a keyworker a child or young person must:
• be aged 0-25 years
• live in Shropshire or Telford and Wrekin
• have a diagnosis of autism and/or learning disability
• be on the Dynamic Support Register (DSR).
The DSR is a database which keeps track of individuals at risk of admission/already admitted to a hospital/residential placement. You need to be on the DSR to be referred to the Keyworker Service, you cannot refer directly currently. Not everyone on the DSR will be allocated a keyworker, those most in need will be prioritised.
To see if you or your child is eligible to join the DSR speak to your lead professional.
For more information about the Keyworker Service, email:Shropshire.email@example.com