Clinical Guidelines and Resources (CGR)
- Prescribing Information for dapaglifozin for treating chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Prescribing Information for sacubitril valsartan for treating symptomatic chronic heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Medicines Safety Alert Process V2
- Prescribing Information for Patiromer for Treatment of Chronic Hyperkalaemia in Adults
- Lipid Management for Primary and Secondary Prevention of CVD
Palliative Care Just in Case (JIC) Service Guidance
End of Life Drug Administration Forms
- 20210727 Palliative-care-EOL-MORPHINE-PRN-medication V3.1
- 20210727 Palliative care EOL syringe driver medication MORPHINE V3.1
Symptom Control Sheets for End of Life
- 20210726 Breathlessness Symptom Control Sheet SCCG (v3.1)
- 20210724 Nausea Symptom Control Sheet (v3.1)
- 20210724 Pain Symptom Control Sheet (v3.1)
- 20210724 Restlessness Symptom Control Sheet SCCG (v3.1)
- 20210724 Secretions Symptom control sheet (v3.1)
Just In Case (JIC) Medication Pack
Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) was introduced in July 2009 as a non-compulsory method of dispensing prescriptions electronically.
From April 2019, as stated in the GP contract, eRD became a contractual obligation for all patients where it is clinically appropriate and the patient consents.
- eRD means patients who regularly get the same medication and don’t need to contact their GP practice every time they need a repeat prescription. This provides greater efficiency for practices and patients whilst enabling the pharmacy to manage the patient’s clinical care.
- Once a patient has been identified as suitable for eRD, the prescriber will review and synchronise all of their current medication. The prescriber will create a batch of prescriptions for a set length of time which is then digitally signed using their smartcard pin.
- All issues within the batch are sent immediately to the Spine. All prescriptions are linked by the same barcode, but they are all separate issues. The duration between each issue is set in the clinical system and is dispensed at those intervals by the nominated pharmacy.
- Good communication between all parties is essential.
Please see below for a number of resources, which will enable practices to take advantage of the benefits eRD may offer.
- 20221021 Influenza Outbreak Care Homes NHS STW
- 7 Day Prescribing Statement
- Care staff authorised to apply first dressings-homely dressings
- Homely dressings audit template
- Alteration of a Medicine Formulation in a Care Setting
- Person Centered Medication Profile – Completion Notes
- Reducing Waste Medicines Good Practice Guidance V9
- 20221006 Guidance Non-prescribed Medicines in Community Settings V2.3